Friday 29 February 2008

LATELY...
Campbell has been speaking with a British accent. It is so freakin cute though. Today when I picked him up from school he said "Mummy, I made a lovely picture in computer class." What 5 year old says lovely. They say that over here all of the time...lovely, cheers, brilliant, fancy. We are still trying to figure some things out though. After hearing the word "fortnight" several times I finally asked what it meant...two weeks! Would you have ever thought that? Car boot means trunk. Bonnet means hood. Windscreen means windshield. Torch means flashlight. Squash is a drink not a vegetable. Aubergine is eggplant. Corgette means zucchini. That is all I have figured out so far.

1 comment:

Tse Family said...

Hi Tracy! Both of my kids say "lovely" as well. We are all picking up "brilliant".
You are also learning French... Aubergine et Courgette son Francais.
Too bad I'm not learning much more than that!