Thursday 9 October 2008

Trying to Catch Up...

Sometimes I feel like I just want to give up when I realize how long it has been since my last post.....but then too many good things have been happening lately.
Does it ever amaze you how good God is? It does me. I wonder "why is he so good to me?" All I do is go to church on Sundays and that is it. No daily fellowship in the word, barely pray anymore, no light in anyones life spreading the good news but then God does something amazing to let you know he is still there. What happened you ask???? I was standing in the kitchen while my boys were eating dinner and I was on the phone. I guess one of the boys heard a knock at the door because then next thing I heard was "is your mom home?" I went to the door and saw my friend and neighbor Emily standing there with a brown paper grocery bag in hand. She said "I brought you dinner. I know it must be difficult sometimes with 3 and I wanted you to not have to worry about dinner tonight." It may seem insignificant to you but I am getting choked up just thinking about it. It is those little things that people do, and expect nothing in return that show you God's love. Thanks Emily....you are such a bright light.

3 comments:

The Ratliff's said...

Tracy, thanks for sharing that. I know what you mean about seeing God's love all around us! I'm glad to see you are posting again. Looking forward to more!

David and Kate said...

Thanks for sharing that story, Tracy. You have been an example of God's love and generosity with all you have given us!
Kate

Tse Family said...

I MISS YOU! I keep meaning to call you, but don't ever think it is the right time. Glad that you have such an amazing neighbor. I'm taking a time out from my girls right now because I am just so stressed from the day. We need to talk soon. Gotta get back to those girls.