Monday 20 October 2008

OK...so where do I start?

refueling the jet from the kc-10

Campbell with the boom operator refueling the jet on our way to the states

I'll just back track a bit. Back to the summer. July to be exact. We flew back to the states on a military hop which was a great experience. Campbell got to go back while the tanker refueled the jets. The boys were able to sit in the cockpit during take-off. It was so exciting for them. Thank God I had David with me because it is very difficult to maneuver with 3 car seats, a double stroller, carry on's, snacks, diaper bag...did I miss anything. We must have looked like a joke.
Anyway, we spent 6 weeks with family in Texas. David and I were able to take a vacation, without kids, with our dearest friends Hunter and Rachel to St. Lucia. We had a great time. Oh yes, I became scuba certified the week before we left. Talk about cramming it all in. David has been certified since he was 11.
We had great visits with family and friends, great shopping and great food!
We returned to England at the end of August for Campbell to start school.
Now fast forward....

1 comment:

Alicia said...

that is so cool!! An experience to remember I'm sure!!